We’re With You Through Every Step of the WayFrom Ground Breaking to Cork Popping
At Nordby, breadth of experience and depth of knowledge come together. Our multi-company structure enables us to share insights and resources across disciplines, while allowing us to develop and maintain the expertise, creativity, client focus and attention to detail that make us stand apart on projects large and small.
Our executive team brings to every project a level of sophistication, craftsmanship, experience and management expertise that is unparalleled. Our focus on customer service shows through in our process, and in the long-standing relationships we build with our project teams and our custom home clients.
Property Consultation & Due Diligence
Our deep knowledge of building in the West is paired with rigorous attention to detail, and our emphasis on communication and relationships. By partnering with our clients in the early stages of property acquisition and development, we can provide valuable insight and guidance.
- Decipher Inspection Reports – Clear and accurate property assessment is one of the key foundational elements of a successful project. We help the development team assess current conditions to provide a sound basis for investment decision-making and pre-construction planning.
- Early Risk Identification – Risk analysis is a critical element of the development process. Decades of experience and a foundation in trust give us the insight to identify, assess and communicate potential risk.
- Cost Repairs – To accurately assess project feasibility, we can deliver accurate cost assessments for addressing and mitigating existing conditions.
- Entitlement Support – Experience across a range of project types gives us the working knowledge and relationships to engage with project design teams to help clients navigate the entitlement process and successfully gain approvals.
- Estate Development – We build our client relationships for the long term, building the trust that allows us to work hand-in-hand with them as their estate plans continue to develop, providing valuable perspective to help them realize their long-term development goals.
Through years of experience with the standard pre-construction process, we understand where that process can break down. Our progressive process provides engagement throughout the pre-construction cycle, using a continuous feedback loop based on business feedback models. Based in transparency, our process dramatically increases the efficiency of the pre-construction phase, strengthens relationships between team members and increases our clients’ chances for successful completion of their projects.
- Scheduling – By engaging the entire team in the pre-construction process, we can facilitate more efficient scheduling of resources well in advance of construction.
- Budgeting – Our pre-construction process utilizes a series of six budgeting check-ins – three times the standard check-ins at 50% and 80% of design development, avoiding costly value engineering and adding value throughout the development cycle.
- Design Support – Our knowledge in the field enables us to provide valuable insights regarding costs and feasibility – enabling teams to avoid the frustration and cost of redesigns in later phases of the design process.
- Permitting Support – The standard pre-construction process provides an estimate of costs. Our progressive pre-construction process involves ongoing engagement throughout the process, including support during the often rigorous permitting process.
“Between our progressive pre-construction methodology, our access to the best local tradespeople and our ability to control construction costs throughout the process, we deliver a smooth experience that allows your team to remain focused on your daily operations.”
— Craig Nordby | CEO, Nordby Companies
Our deep well of regional experience allows us to provide first-in-class construction services across a broad range of project types. Our clients can be confident that their projects will be completed expertly, on time and on budget.
- Cost Control – Based on the processes and shared understanding developed during the pre-construction period, our teams can maintain costs and minimize surprises during the construction phase.
- Schedule Management – Our teams maintain a consistent and reliable baseline schedule, which include short-interval goals and procurement schedules.
- Quality Control – The expertise of our staff in the office and in the field assures a strong and consistent quality control program, employing logistics, and regular checks of design drawings and submittal documents. Timely RFIs and regular client updates are a key element of our quality assurance process.
- Client Updates & Walkthroughs – Clear and effective communication is a core strength at Nordby, and regular client updates and walkthroughs are a key element of our communications. We also make use of the latest technology in the field to maintain accurate notes, create web-based photo documentation, and share mock-ups and samples.
The Nordby team will lead you through the construction process and remain a constant well after the finishing touches are complete. We develop long-lasting relationships with clients, contractors and partners during the duration of the project to ensure that you feel confident in the work delivered for years to come.
- Operations & Maintenance Planning – Our business practice and philosophy places a strong emphasis on long-term relationships. As a result, we can help our clients look to the future, providing assistance with forward planning for their facilities and helping meet cost targets over the long term.
- As-Built Survey & Record Drawings – As a building block of forward planning, we provide comprehensive surveys and drawings to illustrate facility conditions.
- Warranty Registration & Support – Ongoing support is part of the construction journey. By providing support with warranty registration and other post-construction items, we continue to assist our clients in their building journey.
Ready to build your story?
We're happy to help.